Static Grass Progress

I've been working on installing static grass on my Coon Creek bridge module. I've tried different techniques and I've decided that I like applying 2mm grass and then immediately applying 6mm grass while the glue is still wet. The other method that worked good, but is more messy is applying 2mm thickly then waiting for the glue to dry and then using hairspray to apply the 6mm. I like how thick it makes the 2mm grass, but I don't like the extra mess and clean up the hairspray makes. I had an issue with my grass being too thin in one area and I used the hairspray to thicken the grass application and it works well for that use.









The scene I'm trying to replicate without the snow.



Static grass is one of those applications that looks much better in person instead of when photographed. My application is much more varied and patched compared to what the pictures show.

Next step is to complete the grass application, then add the fence, shrubs, and brush.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Sides of the depot assembled.

Work continues on the Blue Rapids depot build