I continue my work on the Mill Creek bridge. I'm needing/waiting on the measurements for the eyebars for a pin connected truss bridge so I can have them laser cut out of styrene so I've moved on to building the two Panel Pile Trestle (PPT) bridges that are on each side of the truss bridge. I built a jig out of styrene which speeds up the process tremendously and also ensures uniformity of the PPTs. I've ordered Central Valley bridge tie sections and also Detail Associates nut/washers to complete the detail and roadbed of the bridges which I should get this week. Time to paint the PPTs which makes me a little nervous as it's fully exposed so I need to ensure the colors match a bridge that is moderately fresh, but not too weathered. It's nice working with the MOW standard diagrams as it shows the blueprints for building all of the parts. 


Central Valley truss bridge with the scratch built cement backwalls in the foreground.















Initial coat of paint



















My Mopac 6 pile bend jig



















Completed bends and assembled PPT sections - minus bridge ties and rail.



















Testing the PPT out using my 1-2-3 blocks to stabilize it.







Visited a few museums up in Washington DC. While waiting on the Metro I did a little railfanning with a CSX train and (my first I've photographed) Amtrak train passing through Alexandria, VA. 





Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Sides of the depot assembled.

Work continues on the Blue Rapids depot build