Another year post

It's been another year and no updates for my modeling blog. I've been busy, but not posting. I need to start posting more. Plan is to start building several Cannon & CO freight car kits while I'm deployed next year. I've been busy, but not modeling specific and not posting what I have been doing. I worked with Rapido for the Mopac FPA-2, FA-2, and FB-2 locomotives. I worked with Cannon & CO on their two phosphate box car kits - which was a fun project. I worked with Athearn on the Genesis Mopac GP7 models that were recently announced. I learned several interesting things about the Mopac lettering changes that occurred on the GP7/9/18 locomotives during the 60s and early 70s which I wouldn't have known if I didn't study the great collection of items in the Missouri Pacific Historical Society collection. I plan to work with Rapido on their upcoming SW1200 model and their B-boat series of locomotives.

I purchased Brian Banna's outstanding model of Mopac GP15-1 1555. It's currently the pride of my locomotive fleet. I have been able to locate photos of it on my line. I downsized my locomotive roster to 11 Mopac locomotives - with a possibility of one additional if Rapido does the early B23-7. I have two non-Mopac locomotives on my roster - a UP GP30 because the GP30 is a unique and cool looking locomotive and I feel I can justify it as a horsepower agreement. I also have a MILW SDL39 locomotive which I either plan to build from parts or purchase one of the new Lines West Products models. Lines West Products is a new company with production in the US. I am going to wait until they release their model and I can see reviews and a-real-life-model before I purchase. I don't fully trust new fly-by-night startups so I'll wait and see what, if anything they release. Hopefully they don't turn in to Railflyer or the craptastic Value Trains USA. Why a SDL39? Why not. Again, I will use it for horsepower hours. I would say UP GP30s ran on my line - especially after the merger, but the SDL39 probably never.

Here's wishing everyone a Happy New Years and more blog posts and ACTUAL modeling from me.

Take Care!

Nate

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Sides of the depot assembled.

Work continues on the Blue Rapids depot build