Union Pacific GATC box car using Cannon & CO kit

I've finally gotten back into doing a little modeling. I'm working on a Cannon & CO kit for the Union Pacific GATC 50'1" box car. It's been going together well. Finished the underframe for the most part - not 100% accurate, but it looks pretty close. Used a Moloco underbody and various parts plus some scratchbuilt parts. It's been interesting as I packaged this model plus the tools/etc that I thought I would need while I'm over in Poland. Looks like I'm short a couple pieces of styrene for the plug door so I placed an order with a company in Germany and we'll see how long it takes for the parts to arrive. Shipping from the States takes up to four weeks. Ugh. I placed the air reservoir in the wrong location on the underframe. Wasn't satisfied after viewing and studying the relatively few prototype photos that I could find and went back and changed it to be located in the center of the car like the prototype. One thing is for certain, trying to glue a piece of .010 x .010 styrene strip straight using ad hoc tools and techniques is a challenge.

I'll work on the stirrups next while I wait on the parts.



Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Sides of the depot assembled.

Work continues on the Blue Rapids depot build