Part mass production has started

 Today I'm back to a little modeling with mass production of the various styrene shapes needed to build the telegraph line brackets. I'm happy my test measurements were accurate and I only needed to modify one part for production. A NWSL chopper makes short work of the many duplicate parts for the six bridge piers. Outdoor spring work, like clearing brush and planting a garden (and indoor chores) are beckoning, but my goal is to produce all of the parts and then build all of the individual components over several evenings / weeks. 

Tom Johnson posted a cement weathering technique using oils which I'd like to try on the piers to bring out more detail like the prototype. There appears to be a white streaking effect near the top of the prototype piers I'd like to replicate. That'll be my next project before tackling the actual plate girder bridges. 



Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Sides of the depot assembled.

Work continues on the Blue Rapids depot build