Work continues on the Blue Rapids depot build

 Continuation of the Blue Rapids, KS, Missouri Pacific build in O scale (Proto:48). I went back and examined the south side of the prototype depot and it appears that there were a series of windows above the freight room door. Using the entry door as a guide, I scratch built the windows and sill. I've noticed that there are three different style of doors used on the freight room. I'm not sure what was used on the south side and made an educated guess to have it look similar to the north side door.

The bay window build proved to be challenging especially trying to laminate three sheets of .020 styrene. I made an educated guess at the size and angle of the bay. I still need to laminate one more sheet for the interior of the depot to the bay. 


Test fitting the bay to the depot. I still need to paint the north wall and then I'll attach the bay window. I haven't decided on when to install the asbestos siding. I think I may do it prior to installing the bay. There is a wood trim piece that goes where the bay meets the side of the depot so it can cover up any gaps I end up having. I still need to build an entry door and a freight room door to fit the frames.


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Sides of the depot assembled.