Second signal with GRS cabinet construction

 Now it's time to build the signal with the GRS signal cabinet. I built the signal head, cage, ladder, and pipe like I did before, but the signal number is located on the cabinet so I left it off. This signal went faster because of trial and error on the previous signal.


Signal head attached to the mast.

I added a Detail Associates eye bolt to the top of the mast to replicate the bolt. I believe this was used to add/remove the heads of the signals after the mast was in position.


 

 The completed signal minus the cabinet and base.

Next is the cabinet which requires several modifications/additions. Prototype images. 




I used Precision Scale Co, Inc piping to replicate the pipe on top of the cabinet. I used the supplied number board piece from Showcase Miniatures. I modified it by adding little bits of styrene and Tichy train Group 2" nut bolt washer to replicate the mounting bolt and piece. 

 

The Showcase Miniatures GRS signal cabinet has a thick metal base on it where the prototype does not. I'm going to build a styrene frame around it and built up the concrete base like I did with the previous signal. That will be in the next post.



Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Sides of the depot assembled.

Work continues on the Blue Rapids depot build