Scenery Supplies

 One of the challenging things with moving every few years is all of my modeling supplies stay in boxes. I forgot what I have and then I'll buy duplicates of the same supplies. This can be helpful at scenery time as scenery, specifically static grass will be something I'll use a ton of and having too much is not an issue. The good thing is one point in the past I collected, sifted, and sorted all of the rock, dirt/soil, etc. that I thought I'd need so I'm ready to use it on the diorama. 

 I used Joe Fugate's method of building a static grass applicator which you can see the Sour Cream container in the top box. IIRC, it's a little shocking. There are several other items I've used in the past and don't recall specifically how or for what and it's great the internet exists as all I have to do is enter the name of the item and scenery and it'll tell me how to apply/use it. I try to add methods to this blog or I write steps in digital files so I can reference them for future applications also. For my modeling, my goal is to write articles for the Missouri Pacific Historical Society's magazine, "The Eagle" as several people, particularly Bill Herbert, Ed Hawkins, and Charlie Duckworth's articles, spur me to give back to future Mopac fans like they have for me.



Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Sides of the depot assembled.

Work continues on the Blue Rapids depot build